General terms and conditions
When buying the festival ticket, you agree to our terms and conditions, as well to the rules of the “Way of Darkness” festival.
- Access to the event grounds is allowed only with a so-called visitor wristband. This visitor wristband is issued to the festival visitor in exchange for a valid ticket at the box office. The ticket is clipped at the box office and loses its validity. The visitor wristband must be worn for the entire duration of the stay. It is non-transferable and will not be replaced in the event of loss or damage.
- Resale of the purchased ticket is prohibited in principle.
- The organizer reserves the right to deny the festival visitor admission for important reasons or to prohibit the further stay on the event grounds. In this case, the festival visitor has only the right to a refund of the face value of the ticket. However, a refund is excluded if the refusal of admission for an important reason is justified in the person of the festival visitor. A claim for damages that goes beyond this is excluded, unless the organizer acts in a grossly negligent manner or with intent.
- When leaving the festival grounds, the ticket loses its validity. Re-entry only with valid visitor wristband.
- The organizer reserves the right to cancel the event until the beginning without giving any reason. If the event is cancelled before the start, there is only one entitlement to a refund of the face value of the ticket (without the pre-sales fee). There is no claim for damages that goes beyond that.
- The event takes place in all weather conditions as long as the organizer can answer for the circumstances of the weather. However, if there is a risk to the body and health of the festival visitors, the artist or the staff due to the weather, the event will be immediately canceled. In this case, as well as in the event of cancellation of the event for other reasons of force majeure, due to an official order or court decision, as well as the endangerment of festival visitors by misconduct by others or in the event of imminent escalations by excessive human accumulations, there is no claim for reimbursement or compensation, unless the organizer can be charged with intent or gross negligence.
- The organizer reserves the right to relocate the entire event locally and/or change the schedule. The organizer announces such changes as early as possible, but no later than one week before the start of the event. The organiser also reserves the right to change the festival programme at short notice. Change of programme will also be as early as possible be announced but can also take place during the festival. Changes during the festival will be announced to visitors through appropriate measures (notices, etc.). There is no entitlement to a refund and/or compensation, unless the organizer acts in a grossly negligent manner or with intent.
- For security reasons, the organizer reserves the right to temporarily restrict access to individual areas of the festival site, e.g. stages, due to overcrowding. There is no claim for reimbursement or compensation in these cases.
- A security check is held at the entrance to the festival site. The festival visitor expressly agrees with the purchase of the ticket to be searched for prohibited items by the security staff.
- The organizer is not liable for items lost or stolen on the concert grounds, the campsite and the dormitory.
- When parking, the instructions of the stewards must be considered.
- Parking is at your own risk. The Promoter shall not be liable for any damage caused by other vehicles, other visitors or other third parties.
- The use of the campsite and the dormitory takes place at your own risk. The Promoter shall not be liable for any damage caused by other visitors or other third parties.
- Camping at the venue is only allowed on the places designated as campsite. It is essential to follow the orders of the security stewards. Camping on the surrounding meadows or private areas is strictly prohibited. In the event of infringements, a report of the respective owners of the areas must be expected.
- The camping areas are designed only for festival visitors with a valid festival admission and camping ticket. Camping without a valid festival admission ticket is not possible!
The campsite will be open from 4pm on Thursday, 10/01/2020. The organizer is very much asking to refrain from an earlier arrival. Departures must be made by Sunday, 10/04/2020 by noon at the latest.
- The operation of music playback equipment is strictly prohibited between 11 pm and 7 am at the campsite, sleeping hall and parking lots at the hall. Infringement will lead to exclusion from the festival. The operation with headphones is excluded.
- The visitor must park his vehicle in such a way that a hindrance to the emergency crews is excluded and a driveway is possible at any time. If the visitor does not comply with these regulations, the organiser is entitled to tow vehicles at the expense and risk of the visitor.
- Waste deposits (especially bulky waste, housing facilities, etc.) of any kind are reported. Garbage bags are handed out free of charge at the entrance. These must be discharged at the designated garbage collection station at the entrance of the campsite.
- All claims for damages to the organiser due to negligence are excluded. This also applies to his legal representatives or his vicarious agents. This rule does not apply to damages due to injury to the body, life, health, as well as gross negligence or intent of the organizer or due to injury essential contractual obligations, whereby the claim for damages is limited to the compensation of the foreseeable, typical damage. Further liability is excluded.
- The organizer is also not liable in cases of force majeure. Force majeure is inevitable events such as natural disasters of any kind, severe weather, hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, volcanic eruptions, but also fire, war, unrest, civil war, revolution, terrorism, sabotage, strikes, nuclear/reactor accidents.
- The organizer expressly points out, that there is a risk of possible hearing and health damage at concerts due to the volume. The organizer takes the necessary precautions to exclude permanent hearing or health damage. In order to protect against possible hearing or health damage, festival visitors are strongly advised to use earplugs or, if necessary, other sound-protective means (soundproofing headphones). The visit to the event is therefore expressly at your own risk. A liability of the organizer for hearing or health damage caused by lack of precaution is therefore excluded, unless the organizer acts in a grossly negligent manner or with intent. Earplugs are available at the official merchandise stand.
- The organizers have no influence on the design, length and content of the individual performances.
- By purchasing the festival ticket, the festival visitor gives his express and irrevocable consent to the free use of his image and, if necessary, his voice for photographs, live broadcasts, broadcasts and/recordings of picture and sound produced by the organizer or its agent in connection with the event, as well as its subsequent exploitation in all current and future media (such as in particular in the form of sound and image carriers) as well as the digital distribution, e.g. via the Internet.
- On the entire event area, the domiciliary right of the organizer himself or by specially commissioned third parties (e.g. security personnel) is valid.
- The instructions of the festival staff as well of the security must be followed.
- Throughout the event grounds, glass containers of any kind, pyrotechnic items, torches, weapons of all kinds and items to be used as weapons are prohibited. Checks are taking place.
- Photography for private use is generally permitted with 35mm cameras and mobile phones with camera function. Professional cameras with zoom lenses and/or video function as well as professional audio recording devices of any kind are not allowed. In principle, video and audio recordings of any kind are prohibited without the express permission of the organizer and/or the respective artist. The illegal publication of such recordings will be reported and prosecuted.
- Any commercial action from festival visitors on the festival area is prohibited without the prior written consent of the organizer.
- Climbing on stages, traverses, superstructures, fences, containers or the like is generally prohibited. An infringement leads to exclusion from the event.
- According to JuSchG § 5, children and adolescents (up to 16 years of age) without a chosen chaperone have no access to concert and dance events. Adolescents (from 16 years) without a chosen chaperone can access the event until 12pm (Midnight). However, there is the exception that you can enter the event with a chosen chaperone and a document that you can download > > > here < < <. Fill out the document and have your parents sign it. Keep the document always with you and show it on request of the security staff.
With the document and the chosen chaperone, you can stay on the festival grounds as followed:
Up to 16 years until Midnight / From 16 years until your chosen chaperon leaves.
- In accordance with the legal provisions relating to the alcohol dropout § 9 JuSchG, we will not give out alcoholic beverages to children. Young people accompanied by a chosen chaperon are only served drinks with a low alcohol content – i.e. beer. The selection of beer, brandy and sparkling wine to children and adolescents under the age of 16 is only permitted accompanied by a legal guardian (Parents only) (§ 9 (2) JuschG.), a chosen chaperon is not enough at this point!
- Animals are undesirable throughout the event grounds and prohibited inside the festival site.
- The organizer reserves the right to expel visitors who damage or steal the property of the organizer from the entire festival site and to report this. There is no entitlement to a refund of the entry fee.
- For all disputes on a contractual or legal basis, – is agreed to the extent permitted by law – place of jurisdiction is Weimar – Germany; Only German law applies.
- If terms and conditions have not become part of the contract or ineffective in whole or in part, the contract remains effective. To the extent that the provisions do not become part of the contract or are invalid, the content of the contract is governed by the statutory provisions.
- There is a general ban on alcohol in the dormitory.
Soft drinks and food may be taken to the dormotioryl without a limit.
Allowed are Plates, plastic bottles, canisters and Tetrapacks.
Barbecue, barbecue pans, gas cookers, cooking in general is prohibited in the dormitory!
- Dormitory: Weapons, fireworks and open fires are strictly forbidden! The same applies, of course, to firearms and other weapons. In the dormitory, as well as on the complete ground’s animals are undesirable. Trading of any kind is prohibited without authorization from the organizer.
- Withdrawal of the dormitory ticket only if the event is cancelled within two weeks of the event date at the respective pre-sales position (in this case ONLY via the organizers of the festival). Only the face value of the ticket will be refunded.